Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Moron in a Hurry

Over the years, the American humorist Dave Barry has amused himself and me with a list of words and phrases that he proposes would serve well as names for rock bands. Names such as Bones of Contention, the Phlegmtones, or Thrusting Balloon Puppies prove to me once again that you can take the boy out of the eighth grade, but you never quite take the eighth grade out of the man, not completely anyway.

NPR reports today on the World Intellectual Property Organization's decision in a complaint by Glenn Beck over a domain name. The wit of the WIPO decision easily pays for the minute spent reading the report. A moron in a hurry, indeed.

Thus are blogs titled and born. I'm not sure what I'll do with the blog, but the name seems perfect for the odds and ends that I've been linking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment